THE LINE ATHENS
Metal, black finish, lasercut
- μεταλλικός σκελετός σε μαύρο χρώμα
- τοπογραφία του λόφου της Ακρόπολης με τον Παρθενώνα και την Πλάκα
- απεικόνιση ακριβείας με κοπή λέιζερ
- διαστάσεις : 50εκ.μήκοςΧ6,4εκ.ύψος,πάχος μετάλλου 1.5χιλ.
- τα καρφάκια τοποθέτησης περιλαμβάνονται στην συσκευασία
Greece’s capital and its largest city, Athens is one of the oldest cities in the world, with evidence of human habitation going back as far as the Neolithic Age. It was founded around the Acropolis hill circa 800 BC and named in honour of Athena, who according to legend won the patronage of the city from Poseidon. Athens extends along the Aegean coast, and its oldest district is Pláka. As the cradleof democracy and philosophy, not to mention theatre, its most famous sons include Socrates and Plato. Prior to the 2004 Olympic Games, Athens was served by a single metro line connecting Kifissa in the north to the port of Pireas in the south. During the construction of its new lines, archaeological searches uncovered more than 50,000 objects, which are now on display to travellers in the six metro stations.
The Line depicted the skyline of Athens as seen from the south of the city.